Thursday 23 June 2016

Warmaster: Chaos Marauder Infantry

  Finally, after sitting on my work bench or in a box for about two years, I got around to finishing a single unit of Chaos Marauder infantry!

 These are very detailed units and I had a lot of trouble wrapping my mind around painting them.  Sometimes with the really detailed GW Warmaster sculpts it feels like you're painting 28mm forces and not 10mm forces!


  My previous Chaos forces are so covered in thick armour that I never needed to paint a flesh tone.  For these ones, however, I used the new GW Bugman's Glow as a base flesh tone, then after the Agrax Earthshade wash, the old Dwarf Flesh and finally Kislev Flesh to finish it off.


  I neglected to add a design to the banner as... I forgot.  Also it is so busy with the chains and skulls I don't think I could add much detail to it!

  I am very proud of the results.  I was hoping to paint two more units this month but I was so sick of the sight of them that I veered off course to start painting my third and final Chaos Chariot unit instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment