Sunday 21 June 2015

Dad's Day Drawings

Since it's Father's Day, I thought I'd share a funny little tradition that I started years ago for my Dad.  I love finding and choosing cards because nowadays the noisy, tiresome "U R <age> WELL DUN" ones are not the only option.  Local artists make their own you can pick up at craft fairs and even chain stores have artsy unique cards that offer variety.

Even with that choice, I felt like I should be putting a bit of originality into my well wishing for my parents, considering how much they do for me, so I decided to draw little cartoons of my father's favourite animal; the hare.



Above are two from a few years ago - and below one I drew last night, I hope showing how I've developed to sketch things a bit more organically and characterfully.


 Happy Father's Day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment